Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I got Nothing.

I got nothing. 


Knowing that I should have something to post, I really got nothing. So I ask myself, what is the purpose of my blog again? "To assist young woman (and perhaps some young men) in spiritual discernment, by sharing my own story." This a direct quote from my True Purpose post mid-January.  Pray with me that I fulfill this purpose. 


But not tonight. 


Persevere through Lent. While I mentioned two weeks again that Lent should be sorrowful, I have a kind friend who asked me to clarify this statement. I'll share now what I shared with him:


We as Catholics see so much of the beauty that comes with suffering, but just as we look at the crucifix and see love, we also see the pain that it took to get there. If you do not find yourself in moments of sorrow from time to time, perhaps you are not offering up enough. I too enjoy the focused time to work on purification of ourselves. 


But if you find yourself struggling, it is opportunity to call up on Christ for help. As Curtis Martin stated, God loves it when we fail. Not because we failed, but because we tried, and we are humbled. 


Last note for this post: St. Peter Chinelle* Faithful is not the same as successful. 


Peace. God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment