Monday, April 5, 2010

Alleluia!

I cannot hardly contain my Easter Joy! And we get to CeleBraTE this Solemnity (Our Greatest Solemnity) for the next seven days during The Octave of Easter!


I was blessed to be able to spend time at home today with my family. At the Easter Vigil Last night at St. Isidore's I witnessed almost 50 individuals become Catholic, members of the Body of Christ. I could hardly contain my joy then. It has come all the more to life when conversing and sharing stories with my sister and two of the great friends we have been able to grow up with, after a full day of catching up with family!


Alleluia! Jesus Christ is Risen! This is the source and summit, the means and the ends of our Catholic faith. (Remember I am not a theologian...). The sacramental truth that gives us the Eucharist for our food. 
Two days before Ash Wednesday, Fr. Bernie challenged a small group of people during a homily to make this Lent the best Lent yet, and thus it will be the best Easter yet. Taking his challenge to heart, I cannot say that I recall ever having experienced this much joy on Easter Sunday. All of which, I hope will continue to last throughout this week. If you read my last post, you know that I struggled through Lent. 


All of the friends who attend Catholic schools do not have class tomorrow. I must say I am a bit jealous, but will face tomorrow with joy. 


The real source of my joy comes not only from knowing that Christ is Risen, but also from the fullness of truth that is the Catholic Church. More in particular, the Sacraments. Especially Holy Eucharistic and Confession. And that we as Catholics, share this communion, this unity in the Body of Christ with Catholics throughout the world. 


May the Joy of the Risen Christ be with you through the Octave of Easter.



No comments:

Post a Comment