Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Feel Like Peter

"Simon Peter said to him, 'Master, where are you going?'
Jesus answered him,
'Where I am going, you cannot follow me now,
though you will follow later.'
Peter said to him,
'Master, why can I not follow you now? 
I will lay down my life for you.' " John 13:36-37

Between yesterday and today, I feel like Peter. I just posted a wonderful blog on Sunday about being willing to do God's will. Yet, "every difficulty stops me; I yield to the first temptation of boredom and disgust; and human respect often prevents me from carrying out the inspirations of grace." (Imitation of Mary)

Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me?
Amen, amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow
before you deny me three times.”

Lord, help me not to deny you this week, but to deny myself all that keeps me from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment