Monday, November 29, 2010

Show Us the Path that Leads to Him

One of the Intercessions in this evening's vespers reads...

You came from the Father, 
- show us the path that leads to him.

I often travel between Cherryvale and Independence, whether for weekday mass, adoration, or a Walmart run. While I usually travel the newest highway and most direct route, there is an old highway that runs between the two towns. My cooperating teacher showed it to me in our travels one day. I never think of it when leaving Cherryvale, but often do when leaving Independence. The one time I tried to return to Cherryvale from Independence, I got myself lost on some back roads with some excellent scenery and landscaping of southeast Kansas. I still have yet to travel the right path to reach my destination without too many detours or something that catches my attention and gets my off course.
This the small anecdote or comparison I thought of when I read this intercession. One who knows the path, or has traveled the path can lead us on that path. Christ came from the Father, became human in all ways but sin, and led the way back to the Father. Whatever route we are taking to get to the Father may be beautiful - as we each won't travel the exact same path - but there is only one who knows the way. Follow Him. 

Come, Lord Jesus! Aww-spiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment