Thursday, December 23, 2010

When Your Not Listening, ...

God Will Find Other Ways to Speak to You.

This morning, as I was packing my bag to head home for a couple of days to spend time with family (not gonna lie, it's a bit lonely around here), my great uncle called to ask me for my e-mail address. Fr. Paul is a retired priest for the Wichita Diocese who has been God's blessed instrument in my life on numerous occasions. Today was no exception. He simply told me that he had an advent reflection to share with me. I provided the requested information, shared an brief exchange about Christmas day plans (to see if our paths would meet), and exchanged Christmas blessings. Not thinking much of it, but always grateful to hear from Fr. Paul, I figured I would soon find his e-mail in my inbox.

I will also let you in on another short story in my life. There are only 9 days left in the month of December. According to facebook, there are five Catholic events that I have RSVP'd to attend, all after the Christmas day festivities. Originally three of them were going to be lock-in's, which is not good for developing the sleep schedule I should have as a teacher. Fortunately, one has been altered to an almost all day retreat. Secondly, two of the events now conflict; well planning for one event conflicts with attending another. A dilemma I discovered last night. What am I to do? 

Here is Fr. Paul's e-mail:

I found myself in a dilemma a week ago.  It dawned on my brain that I had double-scheduled myself.  I agreed with 2 different Piests to cover their Parishes while they were away.  I was starting to feel upset at myself for doing such a "dumb" thing.  Then I thought of St. Joseph - how he found himself in a dilemma with Mary, his beloved finance.  She was pregnant and he wasn't involved.  We read that an Angel came to enlighten him.  He believed the Angel and it all worked out.    So I went to our Chapel and prayed to St. Joseph to help me out of the dilemma.  Leaving  the Chapel, I returned to my room, the phone rang. It was one of the Priests telling me that I need not come to his Parish because his plans have changed.  Wow! I thanked the Lord and St. Joseph.  When in a dilemma, go to Joseph!!!    

St. Joseph, pray for us. Aww-spiration.
Here is another reflection of sorts that seems to be another means of God talking through another person, because I've not listened directly to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment