Monday, January 17, 2011

St. Anthony

While this could be a wonderful post that describes the incredible life of St. Anthony, it is not...

Many of us have found ourselves muttering or maybe yelling the simple prayer:

St. Anthony, please come around
some thing is lost and needs to be found. 

Often times we'll replace the "some thing" with the actual lost item. We'll either be utterly frustrated for having misplaced our some thing, or calming trusting that St. Anthony will make the lost thing appear. 

As I was driving home from grocery shopping this evening, I chuckled to myself as I realized one of the events of my day (it has been quite a wonderful day). Out technology guru at school misplaced his keys, and spent quite awhile looking for them. They even announced over the intercom system that a set of keys had gone missing. Before I left for the day, I had not heard of their discovery. Why was I chuckling at this?

Because today is the memorial of St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost items. I had failed to say this simple prayer on behalf of our technology guru until the moment I realized the coincidence (providence) of the situation. Hopefully he will have his keys tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment