Friday, February 18, 2011

Childlike Trust

Here is post I typed up two weeks ago, thinking I would add more to it. But I haven't. Thus I leave it with you in its simplicity. 
----------------------------
Peace of Christ be with you!  Happy Feast of the Presentation of the Lord!  I pray you receive much joy in Christ on this World Day of Consecrated Life.  Someone sent this quote to me today and I thought I would pass it on to you:

Someone who ponders everything only in the light of human logic
will never fully understand the mystery of suffering and of the Cross.
In the face of this mystery the attitude of childlike trust is essential.
Only when you adopt such an attitude before God will you become immune to the influence of Satan –
because he, in his temptations, exploits the way of thinking which is based only on human reasoning.
Only then will you stop analyzing so much.
God obviously wants you to be guided by reason – but by a reason that is illuminated by faith,
which will allow you to discover His will and fulfill it, even when His will for you is very difficult to accept.
--------------------------
So I might add a few thoughts. February 2nd this year was a snow day for several schools in the area. It is also my Consecration day, and the day Bishop Brungardt was ordained as Bishop of the Dodge City Diocese. Snow day. Right. I was not so fond of the five snow days we had in a few short weeks this spring. Selfishly, I will say they threw off my sleep schedule, and I never accomplished all that I hoped I would. However, each snow day provided me with some kind of blessing and reminded that I am not in control, God is. Let it be done unto me, according to your word. (Luke 1:38)


On this day, I opted to travel the short drive to Hutchinson to catch the noon mass. However, both parish priests were out of town, assumingly for the Bishop's Ordination. I proceeded with stopping to pick up pliers for the ag shop as well as some wire, all the while beating myself up over whether or not I would still make it to mass that day. "Jackie, if you would have planned ahead and prepared for this, you wouldn't be in this predicament." I figured, if all else fails, I'll drive to Wichita and catch the 5:30 at St. Francis. 
It was a snow day. I planned to be in school. I hoped to catch the 6:30 mass at Holy Cross. (Priest not present)
Not in God's game plan. Thus after much over-analyzing of the situation, I ran to Jesus in Adoration at Holy Cross. (Praise God there is a perpetual adoration chapel not too far away.) This helped me to realize how much I was not trusting God, and under the influence of the evil one.
Upon returning back home, I got onto masstimes.org and called several parishes before finding one about 45 minutes away that had a 7:30 mass with confessions prior. (Confession is also part of the Consecration day).
God came through, as he always does. Aww-spiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment