Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Update

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, 

In my absence from this blog, much has happened.
In early March, I submitted a letter of resignation to my administration and school board that I would not be returning to Inman to teach the following year. God was nudging me pretty hard on this one. Sticking out my last three months was a challenge to say the least.  From limited community and monotony in my teaching days, I had to rely upon God as my only strength to care enough to finish out the year strong. It would have been really easy to slack off and not really finish out the year. 

As soon as I returned a small group of students home from the Kansas FFA Convention, summer got going in a hurry. From Prayer and Action College Week in Hanover, Kansas, TEC 132 in Hutchinson, and jumping into the pioneer year of Prayer and Action Wichita, there were boundless opportunities for prayer and service, more so the latter which would not have been possible without the former. The summer was filled with many, many graces and blessings. Two weeks spent serving the Hutchinson community, a week break with an awesome Adoration event in Pilsen, KS, and two more weeks serving the people of Chanute culminated in many lives touched and many hearts changed, all for God's glory. 

Summer has flown by relatively fast, especially in comparison to the three months prior that seemed to drudge on to an end that seemingly would never come. Where did these past two months go? Wherever, they were very beautiful. 

After leaving Chanute, my newest team members and I traveled west to Copper Mountain in Colorado before beginning a journey back east. The car ride was especially enjoyable by means of the conversation, music, reading, and naps. We spent almost two whole days with the Saline Diocese Prayer and Action crowd in Goodland, Kansas, including in a tiny flashmob of "What is This?" in Walmart in the wee hours of the morning. As the rest of the crew continued towards Wichita, they left me in Colby, KS (by choice), commencing a weekend of the Bertrand ladies (roommates) from my senior year at K-State. We parted ways after Mass at St. Isidore's in Manhattan on Sunday. Since I had already been traveling, I continued on to Atchison to spend less than 24 hours with two of my former Prayer and Action teammates from 2010. 

When I finally made it home on Monday, I began the conversation and process of preparing to paint mom and dad's house here on the farm (where I currently reside). That was just over a week ago. Currently two sides of the house have a single coat of paint, a third has been prepped with caulking and has been wiped down. The fourth side has only been touch a little. And there it will sit for another five or so days before I pick up where my helpers and I left off.

Doesn't make for much of a letter, but a brief update with few insights. Christ's peace.

1 comment: